Feed Pets Raw Food

Saturday, September 22, 2007

[rawfeeding] Digest Number 12057

There are 2 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1a. Re: conversation at work.
From: steph.sorensen

2. Just moved to raw
From: nasseralkhalifa


Messages
________________________________________________________________________

1a. Re: conversation at work.
Posted by: "steph.sorensen" steph.sorensen@yahoo.com steph.sorensen
Date: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:15 am ((PDT))

A couple of weeks ago, when I hit up the hunters in our office for
leftover game kills from last year, I actually had a co-worker come
into my office and plead with me not to feed my dogs bones, because
he used to be a vet tech and they got a pit bull in one time that had
recently died and when they opened him up for the autopsy, bones had
completely shredded his insides. Nothing was left but mush.

I asked him if the bones were raw or had been cooked, and he said he
didn't know. When I told him that raw bones didn't do that to an
animal, or the wolf would already be extinct, the conversation just
kinded petered out. I think he knew I wasn't changing my mind. Nice
to know he cares about my dogs though. :) I do too, that's why I'm
sticking with this! What really ticks me off is media sources
calling this a "fad diet" when people have been feeding this way for
decades.

-Steph
Scarlet, Lucy, and Minkey (the kitty)

--- In rawfeeding@yahoogroups.com, "DebiC" <dcole6@...> wrote:
>
> I had this conversation at work yesterday and thought you all could
relate to my frustration and desk head moment.
>
> I had an interesting/funny/sad discussion with one of my coworkers
the other day. Started out by talking about refrigerators.
>
> I said I keep my dog food in the one in the garage. When she asked
what kind of dog food, I told her meat. (She has Dalmatians as her
son is a fireman. I have Jack Russells.)
>
> What kind of meat?
>
> Beef, chicken, pork, fish when I can get it.
>
> Do I cook it?
>
> No.
>
> You feed it RAW!!
>
> Yep.
>
> Raw meat is not good for dogs. Do you give them bones too?
>
> Yep, raw bones.
>
> Raw meet is bad for dogs. It makes them mean. Bones will kill
them.
>
> Look, in the wild, coyotes wolves and foxes eat raw meat.
>
> But these are dogs and raw meat will make them sick.
>
> What's the difference between a German Shepherd and a coyote?
>
> One's a dog the other is a wild animal.
>
> I finally quit. She actually didn't see the comparison.
> I am now a bad person cause I feed my dogs what nature intended
them to eat. I give up.
>
> My horse Scarlet is fed hay and grass. She doesn't get grain at
all. I'm just plain evil.
>
> Debi Cole
>
> COLD NOSES AND WARM HEARTS
> http://www.geocities.com/jrtbook4me/COLD_NOSES.html
> A Pet Is A Lifetime Committment!
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>


Messages in this topic (3)
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

2. Just moved to raw
Posted by: "nasseralkhalifa" nasseralkhalifa@yahoo.com nasseralkhalifa
Date: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:16 am ((PDT))

I have a 7 year old Saluki that did not accept raw until she found
that there was nothing else that she will get offered. Kibble and Can
foods were out of the question. Since then her condition has improved
a lot. The only odd parts of it is she doesn't seem to eat it because
she likes it. Its more like that she has to. Also if she is fed
outside she will cover her food with sand and go. When fed indoors she
tries to do the same thing of covering the food with sand but rubs her
nose on the hard floor.

Is any of this normal?
Nasser

Messages in this topic (1)
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Digest Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-normal@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home