Feed Pets Raw Food

Monday, June 18, 2007

[rawfeeding] Re: Dogs losing weight

Hi Mary,

I too have a C.C. We got him as a rescue when he was about 7 months old and then I didn't start raw feeding for a couple of months because I had never heard about it. Anyway, he was about 12 - 13 lbs, but after I started raw he slimmed up quite quickly. My family thought I wasn't feeding enough and that dry dog food was better. I tried to be "perfect" with the raw feeding guidelines and wondered if something I was doing was contributing to his weight loss. I don't think so. I took the "time will tell" approach and left him alone. He has always had lots of energy and we walk very fast or bike every day and I think he is just a slim and sleek dog. I wouldn't worry about it unless he was showing lack of energy. I pretty much just eyeball what he eats now and I would definitely say that he does eat more in the summer when he is active. We live in WI and during the winter months we all go stir crazy because it just is not practical to go walking with a tiny dog with lots of
snow and subzero temps. He plumps up a bit and eats less. (Being from the big city I never understood what cabin fever is...about the end of Januray the whole family and especially him starts to get "loopy" from being stuck in the house.)

Hope this helps a bit.

Heather and Iggy-the naked dog!!!


---------------------------------
Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home