Feed Pets Raw Food

Monday, June 18, 2007

Re: [rawfeeding] cancer rates...my experience

Hi Tracy,

I honestly cannot tell you if there is any scientific evidence showing that Cancer rates are lower in raw-fed dogs, but I can tell you my own personal experience which leaves me convinced that switiching was the best thing I have ever done for my dogs.
My 12 year old greyhound has lived with a nasal tumour (I was told by the vet college in Ontario that it was a histiocytic sarcoma) for 6 years. I had it biopsied at the Ontario Veterinary College, along with various tests to determine it's invasiveness. After ALOT of $$$ spent, I was told to just leave it. There was no way to remove it, and scraping it down would likely cause it to spread. So for 6 years, my dog lived with a tumour which prevented her from breathing through her nose. She snored at night, and had a heck of a time in the summer with the poor air quality in our area. As well, the tumour repeately broke open and then scabbed over...I'm talking constantly for at least 3 years. Then, I found raw. I started her on raw in October, and miraculously her the scab on her tumour healed over. By December the tumour size had started to regress and she started breathing better. Now, 8 months later the tumour is no longer noticable and she can breathe
normally. No more snoring, no more breathing problems at all! I know that some may think this is a coincidence, and I have read that these tumours can spontaneously regress, but I am convinced it is diet related. I thought that her breathing impairment would be the eventual death of her, but now I am thinking that down the road, it will just be old age. :)

Just my experience, but I am convinced that this new diet is what saved my dog from Cancer!

Shannon

trayc2244 <BreeZ119@catt.com> wrote:
Are cancer rates in dogs fed raw lower than dogs that are fed ki**le?
From mastiff group I am in, it seems like cancer is hitting mastiffs
left and right so I was just curious if feeding raw helps.

Thanks
Tracy


Recent Activity

137
New Members

Visit Your Group
SPONSORED LINKS

Dog health product
Diet and nutrition
Dog health
Dog health food
Dog health problem

Shop and Save
Yahoo! Shopping
Compare prices and
find great deals.

Yahoo! TV
Love TV?
Listings, picks
news and gossip.

Biz Resources
Y! Small Business
Articles, tools,
forms, and more.

.



---------------------------------
Make free worldwide PC-to-PC calls. Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger with Voice

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home