Feed Pets Raw Food

Monday, June 18, 2007

[rawfeeding] Re: Feeding bloat dog

> Of course.
> One, the genetic research done by Dr. Robert Wayne and two,
> comparative anatomy.
>
> Whatever messing about we humans have done to produce breeds has done
> nothing to change the basic plumbing. Dogs still and all are
> fundamentally wolves.

Comparative anatomy of barrel chested breeds to wolves? Do you have
links, or references you can give me - I would love to check them out.


> Of course I worry about my dogs dying. But it was obvious that her
> bouts with bloat had nothing to do with diet. It was also obvious
> that she had the desire and the ability to eat Big Food. There some
> things I will not let be guided by superstitious behavior.
> Chris O
>

I'm really glad things worked out well with your lab and that in her
case you were able to conclude diet wasn't an issue. Unfortunately
many other cases turn out to be deadly, or at the very least require
surgery. Until there's conclusive research on what does
or does not affect bloat I will do what I can to lower my dogs' risk
of bloating. For me personally, that doesn't mean feeding two meals a
day, but if it does for someone else, I don't see the problem. What
you lose in teeth cleaning, jaw workout, etc. can easily be addressed
by offering some really terrific recreational items, like the cow feet
we've been discussing. What am I missing?

If there's some research out there that I've missed, please let me
know. The most recent study I had heard of was the Purdue study. If
there have been others since, I would love to know. I work closely
with a greyhound resue group and this type of
information (as well as the comparative anatomy info I asked for)
would be really useful in terms of educating our adopters.

Thanks.
Jen

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home