Feed Pets Raw Food

Monday, June 4, 2007

[rawfeeding] Re: Dry skin and organ meat.

> Right now they're getting raw, but possibly in the wrong
>percentages.
> I started feeding them with chicken quarters (back,thigh and leg).
> Recently, I started adding one egg a week and organ meats once a
>week. I've also started with ground turkey once a week. This gives
me >a five day rotation of chicken, organ, chicken, turkey (w egg),
and >chicken. I give fish oil capsules once a day.
> Do I need to add red meat specifically? It's kinda expensive and
>we're short of cash right now.

Debi,

I am having the same issue as you right now. The diet I am feeding
consists of mainly Chicken quarters, and beef organs(liver / kidney).

My solution for meaty meats is Beef heart ($.60/lb through my raw
feeding coop) and bulk ground beef from superstore(~$1/lb). Its
really hard to feed enough meaty meats for my dog. Even after eating
a 1 lb liver and a few lbs of ground beef his poo is still really
hard and comes out sort of brown and powderey (120lb 1.5 year old
dane).

I get jellous, sometimes it seems like he is eating better then me.

cheers

Ross Senger

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home