Feed Pets Raw Food

Monday, June 11, 2007

[rawfeeding] Hello, I'm new. I need some help please.

Hello, my name is Laura. I live in Corona, CA with my husband
and "zoo". For the purposes of this group - I have 4 dogs, 130# Great
Dane, 74# GSD mix, 72# GSD and a 12# DoxiPoo mix.

I did read in the list rules that discussion on kibble is forbidden.
Please excuse me but I must mention it here because I am in the
process of switching - maybe. Life circumstance may prohibit me from
doing so at this time. I do need advice badly though. I hope you can
help me.

I've been feeding my dogs Raw for about a week – raw in AM and kibble
in PM. I've been researching and reading up on the diet and I've
heard A LOT of great things. In the past few days I've been beefing
up on the raw, backing off on the kibble almost completely.
I'm shocked at the cost. I spent about $25 between Bulk supply stores
(Costco, Sam's Club) and ethnic markets (because their meat is
cheaper vs. regular markets) that only covered us for about 2 – 3
days. We have 4 dogs and that is an expense we just cannot afford –
at least not right now. Unless someone has any suggestions on how you
do it cheaper? REALLY cheap. I've seen people write that they can
feed their dog/s (I cannot remember if it was multiple or just one
dog) for $16/week. I laughed out loud when I read that. I'm open to
suggestions on this one.
Second and bigger issue is one of my dogs is not taking the switch
well at all. It seemed everyone was doing very well until yesterday
my one dog had loose stool. Today her stool was completely liquid. I
felt so bad for her. I gave her some yogurt, probiotic and some
pumpkin. I heard the probiotic and the yogurt helps with the
digestive track and the pumpkin helps bulk up the stool. WELL, my
husband got quite a little gift when he came home this evening. Vomit
and liquid stool in 5 places in the house – by a house trained dog by
the way. She must have been feeling pretty awful to not make it
outside.
I'm feeling pretty defeated right about now. The cost is a huge
deterrent and my husband is giving me a hard time about that
constantly. Now, I've made my dog really sick. I feel horrible.
If anyone has any words of wisdom – I welcome them. Encouragement,
advice… a hug?

I am embarking on a career change and will be starting a 2 year
program that will force me to quit my current job at some point. So,
this whole subjuct may be moot, at least for two years. After I'm
finished with my training and sit for my board exams I expect a
sizable monthly income increase - at that point I won't be
complaining about cost. In the mean time I wonder if mix raw/kibble
is better than nothing?

Thanks for your time

Laura
Corona, CA

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home