Feed Pets Raw Food

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Re: [rawfeeding] Puppy has diahrea

Holly

I would wait it out a day or 2. My ShihTzu Poodle mix also started off like
that but is over it now. If the vet said her stool is normal then it may be
worth your while to just leave it for a few days. My little girl is 2 years
old and she now weighs 5.6 lbs, and does not eat much at all. There are
days that she even skips a meal. In the beginning it really worried me that
she was not eating, but before I started her on raw over a month and a half
ago she has picked up 1.2lbs and is looking really healthy. What I do for
Noodle is take a chicken 1/4 and using kitchen scissors I cut most of the
meat into really small little pieces. Then I hit the bones with a hammer
until the bone is crushed (not completely but just so that it's easier to
start chewing). She loves that and will eat and chew on the leg until she
is full and then I put it away for her next meal.

Veronica


On 6/24/07, zhangjiesmom <zhangjiesmom@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hello I am new to the list and new to raw feeding - my name is Holly
> and I live in Beijing China. I just brought my puppy home on
> thursday and she has been on raw since - she was kibble fed before
> that. She's a mini poodle and weights about 850 grams (1 1/2 lbs)
> and is 6 weeks. I have been feeding her ground chicken breasts. I
> tried to give her unground but she couldn't chew it and then tried
> to swallow it whole and almost choked - so I am grinding for now. I
> am also occasionally adding a little bit of ground eggshell - maybe
> an 1/8 tsp. per feeding (and will feed her about 1/2 to 3/4 oz of
> meat per feeding 3x a day.
>
> Her first meal she ate so much - 2 oz. she seemed famished and like
> there was no tomorrow. The 2nd day she started having diahrea and
> then little drops of blood at the end of the diahrea. Today is
> Sunday and her poop is still runny with intermittant blood at the
> end of it - the blood is clear and watery - maybe a drop at the
> most - and is very faint in color. Should I be doing something else
> different? i started her on slippery elm - just a small sprinkle
> added to only 1 of her meals per day. She always has to pee or poo
> when she's awake. Otherwise is acting normal and very playful when
> not napping. I took her to the vet and she said she seems healthy
> and I had her stool checked and it is normal - the vet also said
> that if she still has blood in her stool I shoud have it checked
> for parvo and giardhia (sp?). But since she is acting normally and
> not vomiting I haven't taken that step yet...I didn't mention to the
> vet she was on raw.
>
> Thanks for any and all help.
>
> Holly Z.
>
> .
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home