Feed Pets Raw Food

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Re: [rawfeeding] Bones & Broken Teeth

Your vet told you to feed cooked bones????? Do you suppose she meant for
you to just cook the meat? I can't imagine a vet recommending cooked bones.

Oh well....to answer a couple of your questions....

Bones fed as part of a raw diet should not wear down teeth. They should be
consumable and fairly soft. Think of whole chickens, turkey, rabbit, pork
roasts and ribs, fish, lamb...stay away from the "marrow", "soup" or
"recreational" bones...the hard meatless bones that only serve to break and
wear down teeth.

Ditch the BARF patties...awful food...YUCK!!!! Seriously, anything other
than meat, bones and organs is not necessary, wasted money, potentially
harmful...and you don't want to feed ground. Buy this girl a chicken,

Sandee & the Dane Gang

From: "jimhelminski" <jhelminski@comcast.net>

I am new to the Raw method. I want to feed my dog bones and a vet told
me NEVER to feed raw because a of salmonella, and other bacteria. Her
reply to feeding bones was to cook them first. Unfortunately, I
followed that advice and my Aussie flattened the tips of her lower fags
thanks to the hardness of the cooked bones. I have since learned.
However, I have not been giving her Raw Meaty Bones yet (I have only
been doing the Raw for a week) because of the fear I may cause more
damage to her teeth.

A few questions:

Ø Will raw bones wear her teeth further?

Ø If I do feed bones what type of bones are best to feed with
already compromise teeth on a 3 yr old Aussie? Which should I stay away
from?

Ø I presently am feeding BARF patties. Is this a good way to
start into raw feeding?


All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home