Feed Pets Raw Food

Saturday, June 16, 2007

[rawfeeding] Re: Cocker wont eat raw

Hi Marguerite,

I have a small dog, under 10 lbs. He'd always been fed
canned by hand.
When we started raw, he didn't know what it was.

I sat down on the floor with sizzors and meat and cut tiny
chunks off for him, once (I got him interested by cutting them off and
having him go fetch them) Once in his mouth he decided he loved it and
would eat them.

Next I went to holding the meat and cutting a tiny strip of it and
letting him pull the strip off the larger piece of meat...

Finally he decided that chicken was great and now eats most chicken
parts on his own with no problem. It's a very soft meat that can be
torn apart with your hands.

I have found out that each time I introduce a new meat, we have to go
through the same learning experience! He just seems to not understand
that all raw meats are good, good, good, untl mom shows him, lol.

He has never been a chewer and still has the same soft toys after 9 yrs.
Never tore any of them up......

I did take him into the vets for a checkup. We discussed this and the
vet and I both concluded that he does have weak jaw strength. It will
take a while to naturally build them up. In the meantime, I just cut
ribbons of meat, still attached, once he is used to eating that meat
and let him try on his own, sometimes he finishes and sometimes he
comes for help, lol.

Only if he's really tried and tried on his own will
I help him now and he's caught on to that too and will chew & chew
before bringing it to me and barking for help.........

Carol & Charkee ( The weak jawed Peke, you wouldn't know it when he
tear into chicken)


--- In rsawfeeding@yahoogroups.com, Marguerite <semitruestory@...>
wrote:

My Golden and Yorkie are doing well, but my cocker wont eat
chicken or pork, unless I hand feed it to her cut up in small pieces.

She just looks at it like she doesnt know what to do with it.
> She sees the others eating it and even gets all excited when I
> am preparing. When I was handfeeding it to her, I tried getting her
to pull on a bigger piece. Nope.

> Marguerite


All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home