Feed Pets Raw Food

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Re: [rawfeeding] Hi. New. First meal fed tonight.Salmon questions.

Star,

Holding the food isn't the solution...feed larger. But, just so you know,
it is not normal nor necessary for dogs to chew their food. As long as it
fits down their throat, that's all that matters.

However, I still would feed larger and meatier. Wings are small enough to
be a choking hazard and are far too bony. Get a few whole chickens and
quarter them.

Sandee & the Dane Gang

From: "Star" <akjstarh@yahoo.com>


the vet I saw before we went on vacation told me that the reason my 11 yr
old Sheltie was
in bad shape is that I had been essentially killing her with kindness,
thinking I was doing
well feeding Nutro Lamb and Rice. Tonight I fed them each two raw chicken
wings, double
jointed. Outside in the yard to protect base carpeting. WOW! They loved it
but I about had
a heartattack when my near 3 year old Sheltie crunched his quickly in a few
places and
swallowed it whole! I will hold it for him ext time, per the suggestions I
have read to
encourage him to chew. I am reading through the list of foods and plan to
visit butcher
tomorrow.


All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home