Feed Pets Raw Food

Monday, June 11, 2007

[rawfeeding] Re: venison bones

Karen Saunders <danes_4me@...> wrote:
>> I was told that venison bones will splinter when fed raw. Is this
true? I have an opportunity to get some very meaty venison bones at a
really good price but I don't want to feed them if they will splinter.
*****
I think it depends on the age of the deer, the type of bone and how
fresh the bones are. I prefer not to feed legs to my retrievers, but I
would imagine that young legs are easier than old legs. I feed whole
necks when I can get them and they've never splintered or even come
close. Similarly, the spine and ribs do not seem to be "splinter"
bones. The ribs may not be a meaty as I would prefer but that's about
my own concern.

I am skeptical about "very meaty venison bones". My guess is they're
not very meaty at all but rather are mostly bone and of questionable
age. Twere me doing the buying, I'd want to know just how much meat is
on what sort of bones. I suggest you consider meaty bony parts than
individual bones.
Chris

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home