Feed Pets Raw Food

Sunday, June 24, 2007

[rawfeeding] Re: rest after feeding

"jmwise80" <jmwise80@...> wrote:
>
> Do ya'll keep your dogs inactive for any amount of time after
feeding?
*****
The bigger the meal, the longer I let my dogs sleep it off. I
usually feed my adult dogs every other day, and the amount of food
generally encourages them to rest without intervention on my part. I
would not expect them to be available for serious enforced activity
for several hours though.

When I fed twice a day (as I am still sort of doing for my 9mo pup) I
would not initiate rollicking adventure for at least an hour after
meals.

Depends on the dogs and the meals, I think. Also may be a deeply
rooted holdover from the "wait an hour before swimming" rule imposed
by our mothers (well, some of our mothers).

In the great tradition of shoulder-shrugging disclaimers--this works
for me.
Chris O

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home