Feed Pets Raw Food

Sunday, June 10, 2007

[rawfeeding] Re: Dog was vomiting blood

//I have been to the vet so many times
> with this dog and they always dose him up with antibiotics, even
> against my wishes.//

***Oooh, I hate the 'let's pump antibiotics into 'em' mentality! My
former vet had that syndrome too. Especially with a digestive issue;
killing off all the good bacteria is not a good choice.

//This dog suffers from HGE, which is Hemorrhagic GastroEnteritis. //

***Honestly, I don't feel qualified to help you with this boy in
terms of diet. Hopefully someone on the list can give you better
advice on how to proceed.

//they also give him antibiotics which I think is making him sicker.
I
> think it's time to find a new vet. And maybe I need to find a
> specialty list for raw feeding him. Can someone point me to one?//

***Boy, I agree! It very hard to find a pro-raw vet, much less one
who actually knows enough about diet and nutrition to advise you. I
would recommend a classical homeopath first.

//I think I knew this, but after a worrying, sleepless
> night, I really questioned my decision to go raw. I still think
this
> is the right path, but it's still a bit wobbly for us//

***You made the right choice. Stick with it and take your time. We'll
help figure something out to help that poor little fella.

-Renee W.


All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home