Feed Pets Raw Food

Friday, June 15, 2007

[rawfeeding] new to group

***MODERATOR'S NOTE: PLEASE SIGN YOUR MESSAGES.***


Hi, I'm new to this group. I currently have 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2
horses, and 2 fish and I am rather obsessive about taking care of
them. It is one of our dogs, the 4 year old corgi, that is giving
me fits. My vet says he has an extremely over reactive immune
system. He has had allergies since he was 6 months old, he had an
extreme reaction to his rabies vaccine, and he has auto-immune
disorders. It seems that every time I turn around he developes
something new.
I started feeding him raw about 2 yrs ago when he developed an auto-
immune disorder called dermatomyositis that caused the pads of his
feet to peel off. The homemade raw diet improved the problem but
didn't entirely eliminate it. Then I switched to a commercial raw
diet, mostly Honest Kitchen and Nature's Variety and he had no
problems with his feet at all.
Unfortunately, we discovered that he had food allergies, including
eggs and kelp, and I had to go back to a homemade raw diet. The
problems with his feet returned. It seems obvious to me that there
is something missing in the homemade diet I'm feeding him but I
can't figure out what it is.
Currently, I feed him raw meat, a little liver, small amounts of
pureed vegies or fruits, enough bone meal to balance the
calcium/phophorus ratio, a multi-vitamin from Solid Gold, a fatty
acid supplement, and spirulina. Does anyone have any ideas what I'm
missing?

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home