Feed Pets Raw Food

Thursday, June 21, 2007

[rawfeeding] How much liver at once?

Hi guys.

My dog has always had plenty of raw meat and bones, but now we're getting
into the organ thing (since joining the list), and also cutting out our
kibble and can (well,we HAVE cut it out).

Today I bought some liver (not sure what animal, but I think perhaps lamb).
I've been reading on here to introduce it as 'thumbnail' size pieces, and I
today he had this much liver because a lobe that size just happened to fall
off. ;)

I can't remember my dog ever getting diarrhea. I introduced organs as one
lambs kidney about a week ago, and we got no diarrhea. He also regularly has
eggs as a meal, and also hasn't had diarrhea from this.

So how should I go about this liver? How much should I give him at once?
And how much should I be able to give him in one sitting once he is used to
this organ?

For what it's worth, my dog is about 6kgs, a border terrier, 5 years old.


Thanks guys. :)

-Tegan and border terrier MacDogald


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home