Feed Pets Raw Food

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

[rawfeeding] Re: Runny bowel movements

"mypapito_ri" <mypapito_ri@...> wrote:

> I take him outside 3-4 times a day. I also try to squeeze in a long
> walk when possible.


Your dog is a 9-week-old lab pup, right? I am not a puppy person --
I've only ever had an adult dog -- but I would not take my adult dog
outside any less than 3-4 times a day. I do not think this is
anywhere near enough for such a young puppy. I would expect he needs
to go out every couple hours during the day, at a minimum, as well as
right before bed and very early in the morning.

(There's a reason I didn't get a puppy.)


Felix also wrote:

> I am feeding him chicken drumsticks/thighs with skin. About 1/2lb
per
> feeding, 3-4 feedings a day.


I expect that as much as 2# a day is more than Jackson needs. I
would try cutting each meal back a little, or just dropping the
fourth meal so that he's not eating more than 1.25 - 1.5# a day. You
can always increase meal size again once you get his loose stools
under control.

HTH, and I'm sure more qualified puppy people will chime in --

-- sandy & griffin (old fart, not a young pup)

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home