Feed Pets Raw Food

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

[rawfeeding] Re: Old fashioned S.O.'s and Raw feeding...

--- In rawfeeding@yahoogroups.com, "Anndrea" <anndreae@...> wrote:
>
> Ok, this is sort of a rant, > anndrea
>

Hi Anndrea,

When he married me, my husband knew I would never be without
animals. We now have two dogs and two cats. We switched over to raw
when our 6 year old GSD died of cancer. We also stopped vaccinating,
but that's another list. Our puppy just turned 1 year old, she has
never been to the vet office (no $ spent=lots of savings) When we
brought her home we also switched our (then) 12 year old shepherd/lab
cross to raw. Since then she has not required estrogen pills to stop
leaky valve syndrome, it has simply stopped = lots of savings.

I figure the raw food is costing me less than what I thought
was 'good' kibble. It cost me approx $1.00 per pound, the raw is
costing me approx .80 cents a pound. When hunting season comes
around the butcher is happy to give me boxes of bones/meat/organs
that the hunter didn't want back. Costs me a case of beer.

I was in touch with a farmer who raises chickens for meat. She had a
lot of freezer burned pieces that she was happy to give me. I feed
the feet, wings and legs to my dogs still frozen - they love their
popsicles. Fortunately we have a fish market close to us. They
often have the remains of filleted fish and either give it to us or
sell it for almost nothing.

Yes, it cost more to buy a freezer, but in the long run the savings
will be phenomenal. No extra pills (and the required vet visit to
renew prescriptions), no need for teeth cleaning, happy energetic
dogs, and more money in my pocket. (And a happy wife, my husband
would say...) What more could you ask for?

You're on the right track and please don't get discouraged. Your
dogs will be better for it. A.M.

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home