Feed Pets Raw Food

Thursday, June 14, 2007

[rawfeeding] Re: need dog food suggestions....

--- In rawfeeding@yahoogroups.com, "LaUrA" <laurasue17@...> wrote:
Hi,
I was in the same boat - my hubby lost his job - I kept feeding raw.
It CAN be the cheapest way to feed. I had to feed ALOT of chicken and
beef heart for awhile. But not one complaint from my six-pack. They
lacked variety for a few months, but still were eons ahead of any dry
food. I feed 6 of my own and 1 - 3 fosters. I do not have a
freezer. It would surely be easier, but not absolutely necessary.

Raw feeding can be done on a VERY tight budget. Don't waste the budget
$$ on ki**le, it will cost you and your pets TONS more in the end.
Short term - find a chicken source. I started with Walmart (before
they changed brands...) and could feed for .47 /lb. (I don't know
what it is now.)It was LESS than buying the bag o'crap.

Have you even started the raw diet? If not, you don't need to be
concerned on the variety you can afford, yet. Chicken is the way most
of us started out. I fed only chicken for 2 + weeks.

So...Find some cheap chicken - leg quarteres are usually the
cheapest. Use the fridge for storage, it will keep 3-4 days and shop
again.
Sorry if you wanted a different answer, but I don't think anyone here
will recommend ANY ki**le for you. It is to be avoided at all costs!!!
Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Good Luck
Vickie & the six-pack (+ the fosters)

Any suggestions on short term raw diets. Its the freezer space we
are lacking otherwise, I would have them on all raw diet by now.
> (Amber, I am running up to the Wal-Mart today to look at the food
you suggested.)


All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home