Feed Pets Raw Food

Thursday, June 14, 2007

[rawfeeding] Negative butcher

Ok, I went to a local butcher today to source a supply of bones for
my puppy, They were dumb founded that I want to give my dog RAW,
UNCOOKED, BONES, The butcher told me about to people he new that had
fed there dog bones and one was dead in 6 month, the other had a
calcium ball in his bladder and had to have an op, both he said were
caused by bones.

Now I've thought about this and there are alot of variables and lack
of info in these stories so I'm not really phased, although it did
make me feel like a bit of a lunny. Is this going to be the general
cencus from the butcher trade?

Anyway I can get lamb neck, ox tail, turkey neck (when in season) and
pigs ears from them. But this may be an uncomfortable arrangement as
I feel that they may call the RSPCA! or mental hospital. Do I just go
with it or try another butcher?

But on the brighter side, I gave my pup a chicken thigh tonight for
the first time and after working out what exactly she was going to do
with it, it went down a treat :) . So I'm really pleased with her.

Elaine

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home