Feed Pets Raw Food

Saturday, June 2, 2007

[rawfeeding] Re: Hello new here a minced beef question please?

Hi, Petra!

> Giselle...thanks for that. I was hoping I could buy parts of the
> animal without having to actually cut it up myself...It has been
> difficult enough entering the butcher, buying & handling the meat (as
> I said I am vegetarian) but I have been OK with it because I love my
> dog and I am providing him with the proper food. I really don't know
> if I could cut it up myself tho...

**** Sorry, I'm a meat eater, worked in a commercial kitchen for over
20 years and love to cook - I think nothing of cutting up or handling
animal parts. Using disposable latex or plastic gloves (you could
double glove to minimize the 'feel' of the parts) and heavy kitchen
shears would be the easiest way to go if you were to attempt this
yourself. Let me know if you want me to talk you through how to cut a
chicken up easily. ****

> I thought ground mince would be easier but yes I did see in files that
> one protein source should be given for a little while before moving on
> to another.
>
> So could I go to butcher & buy chicken breast, chicken livers &
> chicken thighs rather than cutting up a chicken? And what about minced
> chicken?

**** You could buy the parts separately, but it may be more expensive.
Ground (minced) chicken eliminates the bone from the equation
entirely, and also negates the exercise, muscular and skeletal
development, dental health that happens when a dog crunches and tears
up its own 'prey'. You could buy packages of hearts 'n gizzards, too.
And, there's the effect that happens while the dog is getting the food
into a size where it can send it down the the stomach, the digestive
'juices' begin to flow. Eating ground meat, or kibble, that doesn't
require the dog to do anything but inhale it as fast as possible, will
often find that it gets down there with not enough 'juices' to digest
it, and it may tend to come right back up. ****
TC
Giselle

> Thanks
>
> Petra
>


All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home