Feed Pets Raw Food

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Re: [rawfeeding] Stubborn Animals

He's eating chicken again. He passed on the duck foot tonite, though.
The puppy ate his. Big baby.. :p

I found out (by accident) that the dogs will eat everything I have out
if I leave them blocked in the kitchen by themselves for an hour. If
there are people in & out, Fozzy won't eat. Moxie will, but Fozzy
apparently wants privacy. It's hard to make sure Fozzy's not eating
Moxie's food that way, though. I might try to feed them separately for
a bit until they get more efficient at munching bones.

The ferret has graduated to larger pieces of fish (anchovy), and has
chewed all of the "flesh" off of a fish head.. I THINK she might have
eaten the one from last night. I gave her more fish and a duck foot
tonite. We'll see how she does. She's very excited when I come to her
cage, now. Unfortunately, her "owner" (my daughter) is a vegetarian and
is having a hard time with all of this. :p

The cat. I've now gotten her to eat small pieces of anchovy mixed with
tuna and egg (put the shell in the mix, too). We'll play with that for
a bit... increasing meat/decreasing tuna.. see how that goes. At least
she's eating, and she actually came to me when I put her food down
tonite. Small successes, but successes.... :)

Thanks, everyone, for the tips and encouragement. :)

Virginia in Milwaukee

anjumdanielle wrote:
> ***MODERATOR'S NOTE: TRIM YOUR MESSAGES.***
>
>
>
> Hi Virginia - my dog doesn't like chicken either. We started w/
> chicken when I switched him in Feb, but he never was enthusiastic
> about it. I probably only waited about a week until I started trying
> other things, and just like your situation, after he had pork & beef,
> he didn't want chicken again. 3 days seems to be his limit too -
> he'd refuse chicken for 3 days before giving in. Interesting side
> note: I recently found out he hates rabbit more than anything, so
> after refusing rabbit for 5 days, I gave him chicken for 2 days & he
> actually ate it! He still doesn't really like it, and he eats other
> stuff, so I don't get to worked up over it, but sometimes all that's
> out is chicken!
>
> About the cat - they are notoriously stubborn! There are a lot of
> sneaky (& not so sneaky) ways to get them to try a little. I can't
> recall, but have you posted in the RawCat group? It's great for
> helping stubborn kitties!
>
> HTH - Anjum


All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home