Feed Pets Raw Food

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

[rawfeeding] Re: Hello, I'm new. I need some help please.

--- In rawfeeding@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <laurac2cheshire@...>

**I've been feeding my dogs Raw for about a week – raw in AM and
kibble in PM.

I do feed one of my dogs a mix (for now). He is getting the kibble
he was weaned on in the AM then raw with my other dogs in the PM.
He usually doesn't finish the kibble. But as you will see below,
this worked best with his system. I plan on changing him completely
to raw when 1 of 2 things happen. Either I run out of the kibble
the breeder gave me or he's old enough and gaining weight enough to
change to one meal a day. Every dog is different. That's important
to remember.


**It seemed everyone was doing very well until yesterday my one dog
had loose stool. Today her stool was completely liquid.

My pup also had this happen. What I did was stopped feeding him
chicken (which at the time was all my dogs were getting because I
had just started) I started feeding him pork neck bones and cheek
meat. After about a week his system was back to normal, but he was
skinny. The important thing is to be sure the sick dog is getting a
lot of water. Encourage the dog to drink. When you feed, feed half
until the stools are normal then increase amount back to normal. I
would also which the meat you are feeding to something else.


About the prices, I would see if there is a meat wholesale store
near you. I get my organs, pork neck bones, and cheek meat from the
wholesale store near me. I get my chicken and fish from Wal-mart.
The trick (that I'm still learning) is shop by price per pound not
by total. I won't pay more than $1/lb. Also, buy in bulk. This
will save tons of money. Also, don't be afriad to ask at your local
grocery store if they have any meat that is about to expire. The
last day meat you can usually get cheap because them making any
money is better than throwing it away.

I hope this helps. Don't get too stressed about the sick pup. If
it's just the liquid poo, her system is trying to kick-out what's
bothering her. Give her a lot of water, maybe even no salt chicken
broth. If it goes on after changing her diet and reducing it. Take
her to the vet, but don't let them tell you it's the diet.


Thanks,
Erin Pepper
Huntsville, AL


All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home