Feed Pets Raw Food

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Re: [rawfeeding] where do you feed your dogs-esp. more than one dog

I feed my older guy in the yard and my puppy gets fed on the deck on a door
mat. There's been no issues thus far as far as fighting. My old guy will
walk past my puppy with food in her mouth and leave her be, but if I leave
her food on the mat he will try to snatch it. I keep extra food out of the
way and give it to her as she finishes the previous piece. My old guy gets
his entire dinner just dumped on the grass in the yard. I don't worry about
bacterial issues since they eat outside.

As far as food aggression, that's a behavioral issue, IMO. I routinely put
my hands in my pups food dish and take her food away to show her that I will
dole out the food when I want to since I am the alpha dog. I also make her
sit calmly and wait for her food. I don't feed dogs who are jumping wildly
about trying to grab food out of my hands. We've had no issues thus far
although she started to show some signs of food aggression - that was nipped
in the bud and we've had no issues since.

Roni


On 6/12/07, streakinsixx <streakinsixx@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> .
>
>
>

>>Is this where most of you
feed?


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home