Feed Pets Raw Food

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

[rawfeeding] Re: Hello, I'm new. I need some help please.

> Hello, my name is Laura. I live in Corona, CA with my husband
> and "zoo". For the purposes of this group - I have 4 dogs, 130# Great
> Dane, 74# GSD mix, 72# GSD and a 12# DoxiPoo mix.

Laura,

I try to keep to <$1 per pound for RMB's. assuming that you feed %3 of
the dogs bodyweight per day you would be looking at about
8.64lbs/day....

> I spent about $25 between Bulk supply stores
> (Costco, Sam's Club) and ethnic markets (because their meat is
> cheaper vs. regular markets) that only covered us for about 2 &#150; 3
> days.

So $9/day x 3 days = $29.

If you were feeding kibble...say Canadae all life stages going by the
recommended amounts on the website your requirement per day would be
about 3.5 lbs. I think it comes in 40 lb bags so you would have to feed
about 3 bags per month. So (assuming $60/bag) that would be ~$180 per
month as opposed to $240/month feeding raw (at $1 per lb).

I know this is a bit more money but you will more then likely save on
vet bills. If you can get below the $1/lb mark it is very possible to
make feeding raw cheaper then the premum Ki*le.

Well... Thats my rant, For me with two Great Danes the price is almost
the same. After seeing the health benifits of feeding the prey model
diet I dont think I will ever go back to kibble.

Cheers,

Ross Senger

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home