Feed Pets Raw Food

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

[rawfeeding] raw feeding when you are not in the city

***MODERATOR'S NOTE: PLEASE SIGN YOUR MESSAGES.***

Hi all,
I just joined the group and I am new to raw feeding. actually my dog isn't raw fed right
now. I am very interested, I just need to do all my research and plan for this. My dog is a
year old Kelpie/heeler mix, she is the best and very healthy, energetic, etc. She goes with
me everywhere- she has never ever been left alone. we have walked long distances
together and traveled the country in the less than a year we have been together. because
of our lifestyle I have a couple questions:

-how much more expensive is it to feed raw than the all natural high end k**ble types of
food? ofcourse this varys im sure, but a ballpark would be nice.

-I am someone who travels a lot, I camp a lot (as in for months at a time), and live in my
car sometimes too. Can this type of lifestyle work logistically with raw food? how can I
keep raw meat that needs to be frozen in my car? how can I bring enough raw food with
me camping?

-and along those same lines how important is it that the raw diet be fed raw and not
cooked? if it neednt be raw the meat could travel and I could still maintain the 10%
organs/75%-80% meat diet this list recommends.

-I have read about dehydrated raw food diets (thehonestkitchen.com), of what quality diet
is that by raw feeding standards?

so, wow. maybe you can tell im a little overwhelmed by all the info. I want to do the very
best for my dog, but I am not a hunter and also not a rich city/suburban type. thanks for
any help. this group is an amazing wealth of info.

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home