Feed Pets Raw Food

Friday, June 8, 2007

[rawfeeding] Raw feeding a 1.5 pound puppy ?

Hi,
I'm a newbie and started my two Yorkshire Terriers on raw a few days
ago. My 11 year old 9 pounder and my 1.5 pound puppy. I started them
with chicken thighs. The older one wouldn't touch it and went hiding.
The puppy dragged it around for 30 minutes and couldn't get ANY meat
off. I tried it again 3 more times, same results. So I ditched the
chicken into the freezer and gave them each a pork neck. Both liked
it, but it took them each one hour just to eat one and there was
still a stump left at the end and I'm not sure how much the puppy
actually got to eat, it's hard to tell since she's so small and
doesn't eat that much anyways. That same day the older one had loose
stools, but the puppy didn't. What's my alternative to feed my senior
if he doesn't like chicken and pork gives him the runs? I guess I
might have to feed them different meats each, which sucks big time!
My question is, since they're so small, can I just cut up the meat
and organs in small pieces at one meal and toss them a meaty raw bone
another meal? My senior has bad teeth and breath so I think chewing
and tearing is very important! I want to follow the prey model as
close as possible, I just don't know how that's done with such small
dogs. Many people here have large dogs and it just seems easier.
Also, do any of you wipe your dogs down with something after they're
done feasting? My dogs were covered with stuff after!
Appreciate any suggestions! Thanks
Nadia

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home