Feed Pets Raw Food

Friday, June 8, 2007

[rawfeeding] Hi! New Here!

Hi, I'm Lydia and my dog is Lila. I also have 2 cats, Zazu and
Gibson, and 5 rats, well 4 since I had to have one PTS yesterday :-(.

Anyway, my dog is currently on half raw, half kibble and canned. For
kibble she eats a cup of Nature's Variety a day, canned is various
premium brands, just enough to mix with the kibble to get her to eat.
She's hated dry kibble all her life, she's now 7yrs, but she took to
raw like a fish to water...or a wolf to a kill, maybe would be a
better description? LOL!

For the raw I do rotations of RMB's, nature's variety raw, and a
meat/veggie/whole egg mixture. I use to add oatmeal to it but stopped
recently on advice from someone on another raw list. I feed raw in
the morning and the kibble at night.

I know you all are going to tell me to ditch the kibble and go with
the canned. I guess I'm still using it as my "safety net" for the
vitamins and minerals, just in case she's missing anything from raw.
Also we travel frequently and I'm worried about a boarding kennel not
doing the raw or not doing it properly. Also I'm worried about how
bits and pieces of whole prey can really substitute for a whole prey.
I guess this is where green tripe comes in? I do have access to lots
of different types of meats, organs, even sweetbreads sometimes (which
Lila hates), but I'm not sure when, how much, how often, etc.

I also wonder about the long term effects of a raw diet. Does anyone
really know anyone who has had dogs live out their entire natural
lives on raw? Were they really much longer than kibble fed dogs?
Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to convince myself to go
100% raw but am a little hesitant! Any and all advice is much
appreciated!


All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home