Feed Pets Raw Food

Friday, June 8, 2007

[rawfeeding] Dog Dieting

I left a nicely shaped 22 lb Cavalier King Charles Spaniel with my husband
for seven weeks. Had divided each days food for that dog and my sheltie so it
was just take out the bag, thaw and feed. Easy. But when I came home my lovely,
lively 22 lb is a pudgy dragging 31 pounds. Seems he had been eating all of
his and a good portion of the sheltie's food. Velvet (sheltie) is a slow eater.

So now I'm trying to get his weight back down. How low can you go and still
have them healthy? I'm feedling 5-6 oz right now. Can I go lower? Is this
enough? Thanks for your help.

I came home with another rescue. A 6-year-old 4.3lb chihuahua. She began on
raw the first day she came to me and by the time we came home to the other dogs
she was eating chicken, beef, pork and has had her bites of liver and heart.
So funny to see this tiny little thing tearing into her food.

Thanks for all the help I got as I began with raw about five months ago. This
list has been both encouraging and enlightening. ~Pat


**************************************
See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home