Feed Pets Raw Food

Friday, June 15, 2007

[rawfeeding] If I give a whole chicken, how do I serve it?

Please don't laugh, I'm serious. Do I just flop it into a bowl? Do I need
to cut it apart? Should I at least slice the skin open so puppies see/smell
the "juice"?

I'm feeding our 75 lb. Labbie and 50 lb. Golden. Are they big enough to
handle an intact bird? I'm worried they won't know what to do with a
chicken on the floor. My poor dogs don't get any meat scraps since we don't
eat meat.

Also, our kibble is Evo, which is supposed to be the closest thing to raw in
a bag. I don't understand how that can be since it's obviously cooked.
Anyway, should I wean from their kibble and gradually go to meat or just
thrown down a chicken and reserve the rest of the kibble for a rainy day?
We just opened a new 28 lb. bag. Should I finish it out and then switch?
The manufacturer says you can alternate between raw and Evo, so I thought
maybe I can save it for next time we go out of town & the girls have to
check into the kennel. I'm not sure how the kennel would feel about feeding
raw, I'm sure they'd rather handle kibble.

Last question - our lab has had some digestive discomfort with loose
stools. I'm sure she ate something she shouldn't have. Should I wait until
that resolves itself before starting the switch, or just give them the bird
even if she has a tummy ache?

I might be making this harder than it has to be. Do I really just throw a
chicken on the floor and let them have at it? That sounds too easy. Thanks
in advance for your input.

Felicia

--------------------------------------------------------

http://reduce-reuse-repsycho.blogspot.com/

Haiku are easy

But sometimes they don't make sense

Refrigerator

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home