Feed Pets Raw Food

Monday, June 11, 2007

[rawfeeding] The First Hour

Hi all. Jolene (50# lab/shep mix with hip dysplasia, 2yrs. old, always on kibble) had her
first raw meal less than an hour ago. I was excited and we both thought it was strange but
that soon dissipated....I gave her a chicken leg quarter after reading back into the archives
since that seemed like a good/cheap start and she did fine, but is it too bony? An old post
I just came across made this suggestion.

I have a number of other questions, but I promise that any future emails won't be so
demanding!!
1. What exactly counts for meatymeats that aren't super expensive?
2. What other chicken cuts can I give her so we can stick to one protein for the next two
weeks? (And is 2 wks usuually enough?)
3. I have to board her next weekend and I'm not sure what to bring for food. Several
ziplocks of...what is generally safest/best?
4. Alas, I've passed this local meat market but I've never been in. I'll check out sale items
but what might be good to ask the butcher? Buying in bulk? Buying things he might throw
out?

Thanks so much! I know there's a lot here :-)
jen & jolene

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home