Feed Pets Raw Food

Sunday, June 10, 2007

[rawfeeding] Dog was vomiting blood

I sent a couple posts to the list yesterday, but it didn't get
through because my email was bouncing. One of the yorkies was sick
all day yesterday. He had a chicken drumstick Friday night, but it
didn't look like he ate any of the bone. He didn't want anything to
eat yesterday.

He began to vomit water later in the afternoon, so we withheld the
water. Then he started getting blood in his vomit, and the last
vomit had so much blood I was ready to take him to emergency in a
town about 25 miles away. But then he got better and slept all
night. I began giving him small amounts of water this morning and
when he held it down okay I gave him a little white rice. I think
the crisis is past, but this was so scary, I don't know if I should
try raw again with him, at least right now.

When he had hge attacks before, the vet had me give him white rice,
slowly adding in some prescription canned food. I am thinking this
is the best way to go for now, giving him a few days to recover. I
also considered cooking a little chicken for him, but don't know if
that's a good idea.

The other 2 yorkies split a chicken breast last night. One of them
choked on the last of it and finally vomited up all of it, then he
slowly ate that again, it seemed to all be fairly well chewed. But
that was scary also. We haven't seen any of them poop, and I
explained to dh that there is less poop on this diet, and he said, or
they are plugged up. Everyone seems fine, I hate that I'm second
guessing my decision to go raw.

I do think this is the best diet for them, but with the sickly one I
think I need to introduce it slowly. And I plan to give the other 2
cut up chicken pieces tonight, no bone. Anybody have advice for me?
Thanks.

Patty and the brat pack
Never trust a dog to watch your food. --Patrick age 10 Advice from Kids

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home