Feed Pets Raw Food

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Re: [rawfeeding] Moxie and pork

Are you talking about not since Monday, yesterday? That's not long! Are you in California? maybe it's the heat? My dogs are both not eating much, but they are both drinking and playing, so I know it's the heat. Doesn't sound like an allergic thing either, but the meds might make it sick too. Can you hold off and get some liquid into Moxie and try some other kind of food?
jeni
Maybe see if someone else has a different idea?


----- Original Message ----
From: Jai <JRedwing@alltel.net>
To: rawfeeding@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 5:11:42 PM
Subject: [rawfeeding] Moxie and pork


I just called my vet because my Moxie, a 4 mo. whatever dog weighing
about 40#'s has not wanted to eat since Monday morning. No other
symptoms except just lazing around, his temp is 101.9. She said that
all dogs cannot handle raw pork, and maybe that is his problem.
Suggested I feed him clear liquids (I just happen to have turkey broth
from when I slow cooked some last weekend), pedialite, pepto bismol, and
give him Cephalexin 500mg. twice a day that I have on hand, until he is
ready to eat. I have seen him vomit only once, just a little while ago,
clear. It is has been hard because I have had to be out of the house
for 2 days now, and not been able to monitor him. I plan to take him
with me tomorrow, so I can keep a watch on him. Any suggestions from
you all?

BTW, I got from my young butcher about 80#'s of meat today for $13.00.
Pork picnics, hamburger chubs, chicken thigh quarters, and tilapia
fish. This is great for I am really broke this week and was real
concerned if I would be able to get enough food for them.

Thanks for everything,
Jai


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home