Feed Pets Raw Food

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

RE: [rawfeeding] Did I get a deal?

Thanks for all of your encouragement. I'll clear a few things up.

Both of my dogs are Airedale Terriers J Tana weighs a little over 25 lbs at
16 weeks. Sasha's ideal weight is about 55 lbs, but she's about 60 lbs now;
not overweight according to my vet, but since she has a heart murmur (4) I
am cautious about her weight.

I did buy the lambs head just for fun and to give them something to do.
Although I don't trust my big girl to share nicely with my puppy; she's
territorial with food. Funny thing though, as I think about it, when he
comes around her as she's eating a bone, he will wait patiently for her to
be done and she will walk away from it without incidence and he'll take up
where she left off. Hmm. Kinda just like it would be in the wild! Cool.
I guess really she's more territorial with US! What's that tell you? For
you behaviourists out there, is this because she is relinquishing her
authority to him? Or is it because he's the puppy of the pack?

Anyway, it looks like I'll have to look around a little more on the food.
I definitely feel better now about the liver question. I've not given them
ANY organs yet, so I'd better get on that. I can get chicken livers fairly
cheaply at our grocery store. I think I'll try those first. ( l love them
too, but I'll take mine cooked, thank you.)

Oh, and the pigs feet were the whole knee-down portion.

Thanks for the advise. Now to wean them/me off the kibble entirely.

Kendra


All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home