Feed Pets Raw Food

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

[rawfeeding] Did I get a deal?

Yesterday I went to my local butcher. I've not been there in years.
I braved the truth and told him what I was doing as far as feeding
raw. He said he was selling to another lady who travels 45 miles to
him to get chicken leg quarters! I'd have to buy them in bulk, but it
comes out to be about $.98 a lb. Is this pretty good?

Also, he was willing to get in for me turkey wings at .78 a lb, and
beef liver whole. He warned me that he had another guy feeding a mix
of raw including beef liver and they had runny stools all the time.
Does any have a recomendation on the liver?

Yesterday, for $10, I got 6 pig leg bones (no real meat) cut in half,
two pigs feet and get this; a lambs head! The lamb's head looks so
gross, even though it is frozen. Does anyone have suggestions on how
I should "serve" this to my older dog(few teeth and then pretty worn
down) and my almost 4 month old puppy?

This butcher was very willing to work with me, although he was not
willing to sell me his "ends" at any better a price because he makes
his own sausage and all those things go into his mix. He's very
willing to order, from the slaughter house, anything he can leagally
sell to me. I asked for the "gullet" but he called it the esophagus.
NOt to sound dumb, but is this the same?

Another thing; I don't remember reading, except in some snips and such
from messages here this week, that I should be introducing one kind of
meat at a time?! How important is this? I guess I screwed up with
that then, because they've had turkey, chicken beef and pork all in
one week! Yipes?! Can someone clear this up for me?

Thanks,
Kendra

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home