Feed Pets Raw Food

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

[rawfeeding] Re: RAW Feeding Menu options and allergies - Help!

Oooh, Honey, have I got a recipe for you!!!!
But, first, return that prefab stuff, and get your money back! Ditto
for the kibble, and toss out whatever you have open in the house!
Now, with all that refund money, go to the grocery store, and buy
several whole chickens. Cut them in quarters and feed one quarter at
each meal. You feed two times a day, right?
Ta-Da! Now, how easy a menu/recipe is that? ; )
Seriously, most food intolerances are, I suspect, from all the cr*p
thats added to kibble, even the hypo, ID, KD, special-whatever-it-is
yuck. And yes, dogs can show intolerances to cooked forms of proteins
and not the raw form.
Make sure the chicken you buy isn't *enhanced* - no added water, salt,
flavorings or seasonings - these can cause allergy-like symptoms, too.
You can start off with a different protein, if you prefer, turkey,
rabbit, pork, lamb, beef - but feed only one protein for at least a
week, maybe two, until your dog has adjusted to it, then add another.
Let us know how you progress, and if Sarge is having any problems,
we'll help you figure out what to do next!
TC, and let us know what your name is. ; )
Giselle
with Bea in New Jersey

> Hi everyone
(could the chicken
> only bother him in kibble because of the processing? would Raw be
> OK?). I would
> like to start feeding Raw. I am unsure where to start with him. I
> did get from the natural food store a few packs of pre-packed raw
> food, frozen, it is beef and buffalo blend (also on her
> recommendation). The problem with this is its approx 7$ for 2
> pounds, he should weigh about 75-80 pounds and I am not sure I can
> sustain that type of expense (which in itself makes me feel quite
> bad).
> So I was hoping if any of the people on this board could suggest or
> help me build a menu for Sarge (my boxer), or give me some tips and
> pointers I would be forever grateful!
> Thank you all so much for your time, and sorry about the length here
> I think I rambled, I am just so worried for my dogs health as I am
> sure all or at least most of you here can understand.
>
> p.s I have talked to his vet about this, but seem to get the same
> answer.. another bag of hypoallergenic kibble.
>


All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home