Feed Pets Raw Food

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

[rawfeeding] Re: Do I really have to wait to go raw?

Hi, Melissa!
Don't wait, start you guy on raw asap!
I rescued a little Schippy 3 years ago, he was about 7-10 yo at the
time. He had uncontrollable diarrhea, was in constant terrible
abdominal pain and was bare of fur on his back and sides. I already
had been a raw feeder for quite some time, but fiddled with cooked
foods for weeks, until I settled on canned fish as the only cooked
protein he could tolerate. When I *finally started feeding him raw, he
was ecstatic, and did so much better. He mostly only tolerated
chicken, but could, and did, eat bone and some skin. Most fat I had to
trim from the meat. He loved beef and chicken heart and gizzards and
liver and fish. When he had flares, Slippery Elm Bark Powder helped
soothe him until he was settled again.
He was a happy little guy, and health wise, I felt he had come a long
way from when I adopted him. But unfortunately, I lost him to a very
sudden onset of illness due to a large tumor on his liver, almost 3
weeks ago.
Perky never would have lived as long as he did with me, nor been as
physically comfortable as he came to be, if I didn't feed him raw.
So, my recommendation is, don't wait to feed your guy the best diet
you can possibly give him.
TC
Giselle
with Bea in New Jersey

> When I joined this list, I was determined to switch to raw, and I
still am.
> But my dog has IBD, so vets and nutritionists have warned me about
feeding him raw.
> Does anyone have any opinions about this? Should I just stick out
the 8-12
> weeks to play it safe or should I switch to raw sooner?
>
> Thank you,
> Melissa W
>

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home