Feed Pets Raw Food

Saturday, June 2, 2007

[rawfeeding] Re: feeding raw to 16 lb. Shih Tzu

Hi Lois, I, too, have a 16lb. Shih Tzu but that is because he, too, LOVES raw and my version
of getting it "right' is to give him everything my other 5 dogs eat. They love everything. I
give them pork ribs, beef ribs (a big expensive favorite), lamb, chicken (every single part I
can buy except heads and feet because I think they are gross and I cannot find them to
buy.) Occasionally, when I run out of raw muscle and bone I feed organ meat in oatmeal
(to fill them up) and cut up veggies, especially baby carrots. Now I'm having to cut down
on portions but if your dog is not a fussy eater, go for it. Best Regards.

yomama109 and Bud, the 12yo golden prince cocker, Oliver, the cranky. fat, lazy, forever
cute and lovable shi tzu, Nell, the border collie that defines alpha bitch, Sue, my BC bitch
who actually works, and willy mo and jack, my new miniature aussies who have not been
here long enough to be defined, but I hope will be big in obedience and agility!


--- In rawfeeding@yahoogroups.com, loiskpost@... wrote:
>
> Hi. When I first started feeding raw, I was feeding my Shih Tzu chicken necks
> and backs and staying away from leg bones, etc, due to advice I'd found
> online. I found myself looking for meatier backs, but had been warned against leg
> bones and wings. What do those of you with small dogs feed them? Should I just
> put down a quarter of a chicken and let Louie go for it? What about pork?
> Beef? He LOVES raw and I'm trying to get it right!
>
> Lois Post
>
>
> **************************************
> See what's free at
> http://www.aol.com.
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>


All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home