Feed Pets Raw Food

Thursday, June 14, 2007

[rawfeeding] Raw Kitty

***MODERATOR'S NOTE: PLEASE REMEMBER TO SIGN YOUR MESSAGES.***


Hi all; Have finally managed to gain access to this group, yay! I am
owned by a 4 month old male cat called the Tazmaniac (Taz) for very
obvious reasons. I fed him for a week on commercial food (old habits
die hard) but his little 7 week old tummy was permanently runny. I
cant remember how I made the decision to change him over but since I
have we havent looked back. He makes the teensiest little poops now
and his runny tummy 'miraculously' vanished after his very first raw
meal.

I do have a few questions though: He painted the walls, floors and
bathtub very interesting shades of brown after I fed him a
midday 'snack' of liver only. I was told that liver on its own and in
amounts larger than he would eat in the wild would cause this. Anyone
else experience this problem?

My vet did not try to discourage me when I told him Taz ate raw. He
did recommend that I should give Taz a tiny weekly dose of
multivitamins for infants to be sure that he was getting everything
he needed. Is this necessary?

Taz gets mostly whole quail (2 per day, on the bone, organs intact);
4-5 meals a week I take the flesh off the bone and mix it with fish
and chicken or egg yolk and a couple of drops of fish oil. He also
gets chicken drumsticks & thighs, mutton brain once in a while (extra
fat), heart and small amounts of chicken or beef liver. Is this
adequate?

I will try to post photos of him shortly. He's actually a very large
4 month old and I think he may also be Cryptorchid.

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home