Feed Pets Raw Food

Thursday, June 7, 2007

[rawfeeding] need advice

Hi

I have been feeding my dog raw food for about a year and half now. I
decided to change her diet when I started reading what is in
commercial pet food. And to be honest, feeding raw has much more
common sense than commercial pet food.
However I wonder if I am missing something. My dog is crossed Blue
heeler with Labrador, those breeds tend to overweight easily as we
have been told. I feed my dog raw meaty bones, some meat at times,
organic offal (once per month)and get occasionally table scrap (but it
is not often). Her food consist of free range chicken, turkey, beef
and lamb, and she gets sometimes sardines in cans. My concern is that
she weights about 30kg, she is medium size, since we start her new
diet , she has lost weight. she eats once per day and has a fast day
once per fortnight. we go out walking everyday, our walk is a normal
pace.
I try not to give her too much food because she is not really active,
she spends most of her day sleeping. I am worried because it seems
that she is always looking for more food. Am I not giving her enough?
Is her weight consider overweight? What am I missing or doing wrong?

please help me

thank you,
sydoly

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home