Feed Pets Raw Food

Monday, June 11, 2007

[rawfeeding] I'm getting scared!!

Hello everyone,

Ranger, my 60 pound 16 week old English Mastiff is really sick.
Last Wednesday (today is Monday) he received a vaccination for a
myriad of things that I can list for you if you want. He has not
had but a couple of solid stools since he went onto the prey diet
about 3 weeks ago. He has been on mostly chicken but has sneaked
over a few times and stolen my older dog's pork ribs. Plus the day
before yesterday I gave him some Old Mother Hubbard treats because
we were working on a couple of training things. Like I say, he has
had pretty runny stools anyway but I chalked it up to him getting
used to it (he had monster piles when he was on Kibble but I know
from reading here that it is normal for them to be much smaller on
meat and bone). Starting yesterday he has had nothing but air and
water coming out his bottom. He threw up once yesterday and then
again this morning. Both times there was quite a bit of food in it,
they were literally piles that stunk like crazy. When I say he is
pooing water I mean there isn't even any color to it any more. I am
waiting for the vet to open but wanted to see if you have any
thoughts or suggestions as to what I can do for now. He ate last
night but threw up within 10 minutes of eating literally a teaspoon
sized piece of chicken this morning. He slept all day yesterday, is
extremely docile...I am really scared!

Tracey and Ranger

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home