Feed Pets Raw Food

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Re: [rawfeeding] Re: Kidney problems

My Chow/Sheltie mix has always "sprinkled", a couple of months ago it
got really bad (had to keep him outside because he just couldn't hold
his urine) and he went to the vet. They found protein in his urine and
decided that he needed antibiotics, thought maybe he had a UTI (I don't
remember all of the details, I was out of town at the time and his
co-owner took him in). He did a course of abx, seemed a little bit
better but still sprinkled. I had to put him out at least once an
hour. He wasn't concentrating his urine and the vet was, I guess,
talking about urine cultures. I looked into it, the symptoms seemed to
point to kidney problems. I haven't taken him back for more tests and
have since started him on a raw diet. Besides the clean teeth and more
energy, his sprinkling has almost disappeared. I don't have anything to
contribute it to besides diet change. I don't know what the
mechanics/reasoning is behind it, but I'm willing to accept the results.. :)

Virginia in Milwaukee

Lynn Sykes wrote:
> I went through that with my Springer last year, was not concentrating her
> urine, she did have a bladder infection that cleared up but was on
> antibiotics for over a month straight after a couple of ten day rounds
> several months before that. .I was told she was in early kidney failure.
<snip>

> With the raw diet she regained her spirit, she was listless a bit while
> sick. We do battle the incontience issue though at times. I'm not sure why
> it gets worse at different times than others but we've been feeding more
> chicken than we had.


All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home