Feed Pets Raw Food

Friday, June 8, 2007

Re: [rawfeeding] Re: Feeding small dog + Gopher brag!

You know I am not even using the scale anymore, It doesn't seem to matter because they play musical dinner between the 4 dogs. I do try to give my Smallest dog Rita the smallest portion. When I first started raw Rita ( about 4 lbs) was inactive and over weight while Cherry ( about 7-8 lbs) was very active and in good condition. we are just a few months into raw and I have seen a couch potato turn into a new dog, She plays now, she didn't even play much when she was a pup. But back to the point, I "try" to give her the smallest pieces the portions with the least amount of fat and remove the skin from the chicken ( I give that to the pup) so she doesn't get extra fat.. It seems to be working, she looks like she has trimmed down some and has become pretty active.

Oh.. BTW.. Tonight I was headed around the house and I found a *Dead* Gopher! This is a good thing.. My Pom has been hunting squirrels and gophers for a while now, I am sure it was her and the pup that got it, they didn't eat it but it looked well played with. I know this is a silly thing to be so happy about, but these little turds have eaten almost half of my garden. I am proud that my little dog has learned to catch them! and no she isn't blood thirsty LOL She is trying to mother baby chicks...

Chrissy

----- Original Message -----


--- In rawfeeding@yahoogroups.com, "Sal" <salpjr@...> wrote:
>
> I have a 10 pound dog, sort of low energy, and was wondering how I
can
> best satisfy him when all he should eat per day is 2oz of total
food.
> When I put the meat on the scale, it really looks like nothing! A
> chicken wing alone weighs more than 2oz, and this is a days
ration. I
> am concerned about percentage of meat to bone plus organs when the
> amount is so tiny. Thanks for any help.


.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home