Feed Pets Raw Food

Monday, June 18, 2007

[rawfeeding] Turkey neck bone percentage?

Hello all,

I understand the 80/10/10 percentages, but how do you figure out how much bone is too much? I've been giving my 55 lb lab 1 pound of ground turkey a day (storage issues keep me from buying whole turkeys) and I give her a turkey neck on most days. Is this too much bone in her diet?

I haven't given it too much thought until now because she's not having digestive issues. She's not throwing up over missed meals anymore, and has had consistent stools for a good chunk of time now.

Does anyone know the rough percentage of meat vs bone on a turkey neck?

We're starting her on turkey organs this weekend, and I want to make sure I get all ratios in the ballpark range without obcessing about the numbers. I'm the type who will write out a page-long equation and figure out exactly how many ounces of what I need to feed to get to the 80/10/10. I've been telling myself every day that normal people don't do that, so that's why I'm here....is a turkey neck a day too much bone for a 55 lbs dog? Or is it appropriate since I'm feeding a pound of 100% meat every day?

This group is great, thank you so much for your help and support!

Sonja
and Kodie, the 2yr old bionic Labrador

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home