Feed Pets Raw Food

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

[rawfeeding] Re: Why gorge and fast? and what about organ meat?

Wow, this is really fascinating. I'm still new to the group and fairly
new to total raw, RMB, prey model feeding. It makes so much sense and
my dogs have responded so well that I feel sort of foolish not having
started sooner.
It seems that the general opinion on the gorge/fast is to work up to
it. Might someone give me a suggestion as to how to do that? My dogs
are 40 and 45 lb. Aussies. They currently get fed once a day and I'm
ststill playing with amounts, but they get about 1 lb. a day.
Also, how do you include organ meat into the equation - just give them
a hunk of liver, heart, kidney along with - or instead of? - a hunk of
meat with bone in (for red meats - I can't quite manage large whole
carcasses)? If I just give them a chicken with all it's innards (even
if they don't finish it in one sitting) that pretty much balances the
ratio itself, right?
I looked at bone-in picnic pork roasts yesterday and even the smaller
ones were HUGE. Could I try just putting the whole thing down (one for
each) and seeing how they do? I've never fed pork before, so I got
some really meaty pork necks to try. Is that a good choice for intro
to pork?
I have to say, I really get a kick out of Emma, who is such a dainty
eater, getting down and dirty with a turkey leg! LOL
Thanks,
Marguerite

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home