Feed Pets Raw Food

Thursday, June 21, 2007

[rawfeeding] RE: Aussie in Raw group

I've received a mail back from Jen - thank you Jen :-) but thought I might
put this back on the list as I had no idea there are several Aussies on this
list so that may mean more ideas and perhaps it will help someone else too.
Can I please ask, where do you get the roo mince from? I can only get it
from City Farmers which is a pet shop and it's not human grade. They also
sell a 'kennel mix' but it doesn't list ingredients which bothers me
somewhat. Their chicken mince is minced carcasses (same for chicken pet
mince from Lennards) which I'm not keen on since it is basically mince bone
- is my concern correct? I never know what people mean when they talk about
Chicken Backs. I buy al my chicken from Lennards and can only buy whole
chooks or quarters, necks, wings, legs or carcasses that do have a fair bit
of meat on them but it's basically the chicken, what's left of it after
they've taken the meat off it. Where do buy beef hearts and kidneys? I
don't see them in the supermarket. Probably a stupid question but what are
brisket bones? I can buy beef bones which seem like flat bones (couple of
mills thick) with some meat on it. More like ribs I guess. Or I can buy
beef off cuts that have much more meat on it and some bone or I can buy
marrow bones that have been cut in half longways (the marrow bones give my
dogs the runs tho). Woolworths sells all that. So I basically buy my meat
from Coles, Woolworths and Lennards. I do have a couple of butchers not too
far away that I could approach for off cuts but I don't have a fish shop
other than the supermarkets where they don't have fish off cuts. I can get
lots of Lamb off cuts for about $3.00 a KG - that has lots of meat on it.
How do you feed your dogs liver? My guys won't eat the chicken liver raw
and I haven't tried beef liver yet but have been thinking about half
freezing it and then slicing it really thin. Last question; I also have a 3
month old pup that LOVES raw but when I give her a Lamb off-cut, it takes
her a long time to eat it. Is that ok for a young dog or should I only give
her chicken (she loves the lamb tho) thank you all so much for helping out.

Carla Spelt

Fauvetnoir Belgian Shepherds

Perth, West Australia

<mailto:fauvetnoir@bigpond.com> fauvetnoir@bigpond.com

www.fauvetnoir.id.au

Jen

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home