Feed Pets Raw Food

Saturday, June 23, 2007

[rawfeeding] Re: About fish oil ingredients (repost)

Hmmm, apparently the belief about the capsules is oft sited, but
little supported. ;-) I can find numerous postings on bulletin
boards, but no scientific evidence. I think I like the liquid because
it is easy to tell if it is rancid. Also, I like to give it to Kai
because he is difficult to pill. Incidentally, I take Carlson fish
oils capsules myself. I can't stand the texture/taste of the liquid
oil. But I have been giving Kai Seapet liquid fish oil. I'll dump it
on his food or he'll just lick it off a spoon. Easy for me. :-)

-Melissa W


--- In rawfeeding@yahoogroups.com, "costrowski75" <Chriso75@...> wrote:
>
> "mwood8402" <mwood8402@> wrote:
> >
> > I'm wondering why so many people feed capsules instead of the
> liquid
> > oil?
> *****
> Perhaps cheaper, easier to find, easier to store, easier to feed?
>
>
> With the oil, you don't have to worry about ingredients in the
> > gel caps.
> *****
> No, but you should still worry about the oil in the oil.
>
>
> I also heard that capsulation can cause the oil to go
> > rancid.
> *****
> Ya pays your money and ya takes yer choice. Most sources warn of the
> opposite: that liquid SO improperly cared for (stored at room
> temperature for example) oxidizes very quickly.
>
>
> I don't have sources on that at the moment, but if someone
> > is curious, I can look it up.
> *****
> Yes, I would be interested. I suspect the source of this caveat
> sells liquid SO.
> Chris O
>


All information on this list represents personal opinion only. By staying on this list, you agree to never hold anyone from this list or associated with this list liable for any information posted through this list. You agree to take personal responsibility for your learning, and for personal responsibility for what you feed yourself, your family, and your dogs, cats, ferrets, or any other animal that lives under your care. If you don't agree, please unsubscribe immediately.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:rawfeeding-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:rawfeeding-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
rawfeeding-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home